Sunday 1 January 2012

Software testing

Having worked as a Beta Test Team Lead for a software company I find that I have less tolerance for bugs in applications I purchase.

Recently the upgrade to iOS 5 prompted many developers to post updates for their apps. The makers of BlogPress took almost two months to finally release their update and first thing that happened after downloading it -it crashed!

As I started winding up for a tirade about poor testing protocols even after a lengthy wait they posted an slight change on their app page in the store advising everyone to delete the app entirely and redownload. Not a fantastic fix, but enough to stop me in mid-rant.

Unfortunately, my wife may have found another problem with it, that it does not recognize double line breaks to create paragraphs properly. Hopefully this little test post will show that we are still dealing with a WYSIWYG interface.

Apparently not, however. I went to write a scathing review of their now crappy app only to discover that it is no longer listed in the app store. Well big freaking surprise!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad and then corrected using some other app

No comments:

Post a Comment